Still haven’t found the time for a comprehensive recap of the 2017 season, but here’s the latest about the JMLs:
- I hope Alex Bregman and Joc Pederson continue to make news during the World Series and we can keep on reading about active MOTs. FYI, Sports Illustrated gives the edge to the LA Dodgers’ Justin Turner in a comparison of starting third basemen. Pederson, on the other hand, is included in the bench report, and not overly favorably.
- So much for Brad Ausmus becoming the manager of the NY Mets (or Boston Red Sox), those ships have passed with the hirings of Mickey Callaway and Alex Cora, respectively. Would the Washington Nationals be willing to give him a shot now that they’ve parted ways with Dusty Baker? When you think about it, there are similarities between the Nats and Tigers, when Ausmus took over for Jim Leyland after the team was in contention for several seasons.
- Bluebird Banter posted this entry about Kevin Pillar‘s accomplishments for the year.
- Lookout Landing does not have nice things to say about Danny Valencia.
- Scott Feldman was on one Chicago team; could be be signed as a free agent for the other?
- Should he stay or should he go? Ryan Braun‘s possible future?
- Ian Kinsler might have no say in the matter of where he winds up in 2018.
- Atlanta Braves rookie pitcher Max Fried apparently has been doing well in the Arizona Fall League.
- Not that it matters much during the off-season, but the White Sox outrighted rookie pitcher Brad Goldberg to AAA.