Just a quick recap up til now…
- Michael Cammalleri, Edmonton Oilers, has five goals and nine assists in a total of 33 games (15 for the LA Kings). Edmonton is 17-19-3, sixth in the Pacific Division/13th in the Western Conference.
- Jason Demers, Arizona Coyotes (9-27-5, eighth/15th, last in both the Pacific Division and Western Conference with the worst record in the league): 31 games, three goals, nine assists. More on Demers.
- Josh Ho-Sang, NY Islanders, was “loaned” to their AHL affiliate in Bridgeport. He has two goals and 10 assists in 22 NHL games. The Islanders are 20-15-4, fifth in the Metropolitan Division/eighth in the Eastern Conference).
- Zach Hyman, Toronto Maple Leafs (23-15-2, third in the Metropolitan, Division/fifth in the East): 40 games, seven goals, 14 assists.
- Brendan Leipsic, Vegas Golden Knights (26-9-2, first in the Pacific Division and the Western Conference): 29 games, one goal, 11 assists.
- Jason Zucker, Minnesota Wild (20-16-3, fifth in the Central Division/ninth in Western Conference) 39 games, 15 goals, 12 assists. Luke Kunin was sent back to the minors on Nov. 21. He appeared in 17 games for the Wild with two goals and two assists.
And today is the Hockey Classic, which means two poor teams — the NY Rangers and Buffalo Sabres — have the “privilege” of playing outdoors at Citifield in Queens where the temperature is in the minus factor. Zei gezunt.