Can it be more even? Both series are tied at a game apiece as of this writing.
Houston Astros Vs. Boston Red Sox
Game 1, Astros 7, @ Red Sox 2:
- Alex Bregman was 0-for-1 but was on base four times: three walks and an HBP. He scored twice and was caught stealing. He also made an “unofficial error.” More on Bregman here, here, and here.
- Ian Kinsler did not appear for the Sox. At all.
Game 2: Astros 2, @Red Sox 7
- Bregman walked three more times and was 0-for-2. So while his batting average is .000, his on-base percentage is .700.
- Kinsler was the starting second baseman and was 0-for-4.
Los Angeles Dodgers Vs. Milwaukee Brewers
Game 1, Dodgers 5, @ Brewers 6
- Ryan Braun was 1-for-4 with an RBI. More on Braun here, here, and here.
- Joc Pederson entered the game as a defensive replacement in the bottom of the seventh. He grounded into a force play and scores in the eighth and walked and scored in the ninth.
Game 2, Dodgers 4, @ Dodgers, 3
- Braun eas o-for-4 and drove in a run.
- Pederson singled as a pinch-hitter in the seventh. He remained in the game and singled again in the ninth.