It’s been a while since I posted any news about the Maccabi sports movement, including the Maccabiah Games. Here’s an attempt to remedy.
- Maccabi GB hosts an audience with Mark Tucker
- Outstanding Barbadian youth honoured
- Back To Berlin: A road trip through history (also Back to Berlin) (Film review)
- Maccabi GB Weekly Update: 19th – 23rd November 2018
- Let’s go schlepping! Surfing gets into 2021 Jewish Olympics!
- Maccabi GB Announce first EMG Squad as U16 Boys Football is Selected
- The Crossover Podcast with Joe Arlauckas: Conversation with David Blatt
- Aharoni named global envoy for Maccabi games (San Diego)
- Jewish Tennis Juniors, Adults Needed for U.S. Team at 2019 Maccabiah Games (Florida)
- Jacobs and Kramer to go extra lengths for Team Maccabi GB Swimming at 2019 European Maccabi Games
You can see that the Maccabi movement in Great Britain is very active. One of my regrets during my recent trip to England was not being able to visit them, as well as missing out on the British Baseball Federation. Oh, well, maybe next time.
Finally, On December 9…
You can’t click on the image to access the page, so just drop them an email or call ’em up.
Here’s a piece from the NJ Jewish News I wrote about Jeff Bukantz and other locals who participated in the 2013 Games. I know there are other stories about JB, including a discussion of his book about his dad, Daniel, himself a fencing legend, but unfortunately they don’t appear to be on the NJJN website.
And finally, finally, some shameless self-promotion: if you are interested in having me speak to your synagogue or group about my book, The Jewish Olympics: The History of the Maccabiah Games (or any of my other books for that matter), drop me a line and let’s chat.