With only two games on the docket last night and neither of them involving MOTs, here’s a very “fast break” as the NHL resumes from its brief All-Star respite. By standings…
- Toronto Maple Leafs (30-17-2), featuring Zach Hyman (eight goals, 10 assists) are third in the Eastern Conference and second in the Atlantic Division. Here’s a Q&A with him from the Toronto Sun.
- Washington Capitols (27-17-6), featuring Andre Burakovsky (six goals, six assists), are fifth in the East and second in the Metropolitan Division. He broke his 14-game goalless streak last week.
- Minnesota Wild (26-21-3), featuring Jason Zucker (13 goals, 12 assists), are fifth in the Western Conference and third in the Central Division.
- Arizona Coyotes (23-23-4), featuring Jakov Chychrun (three goals, eight assists) are eleventh in the Western Conference and sixth in the Pacific Division.
- Los Angeles Kings (20-26-6) featuring Brendan Leipsic (four goals, nine assists) and Nate Thompson (three goals, two assists) are last in the Western Conference and the Pacific Division.
- Other notables:
- Josh Ho-Sang (NY Islanders) was sent back to the Bridgeport Sound Tiger of the AHL on Jan. 8.
- Jason Demers (Coyotes) sustained a season-ending injury in November.