Things have been a bit hectic of late, what with looking for a new job and dealing with the release of the new book. So here’s a quick look back and what we (meaning I) have missed over the last several days.
- It’s hard to believe that the football talk never stops. Josh Rosen is still “The Quarterback Worth Getting Excited About,” according to several sources, including Fansided and GoJoeBruin.com.
- Meanwhile Adam Bisnowaty — who was selected by the NY Giants, is evidently everything they were looking for in a lineman.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are expecting big things from their lineman, Ali Marpet.
- Taylor Mays was one of the veteran players invited to the New England Patriots’ training camp. He did not play in the NFL last season.
- Moving to the NBA, Omri Casspi is keeping busy in his off-season. Although the playoff continue (They do? Seems like not much is happening as we wait for one series goes the length of seven games while others end in sweeps), the Minnesota Timberwolves are already looking towards the 2017-18 session with reviews and previews. And while this rule won’t affect the players in the NBA, they will allow observant Jews and Muslims to wear head coverings in international play.
- Jason Zucker is getting some props for his play with Minnesota’s NHL franchise, the Wild.
- As far as the “other” football goes, FIFA is up to its usual shenanigans when it comes to dealing with request for protests and/or a ban on Israel for one reason or another, as well as other anti-Semitic incidents. Others are calling for calm.