An all-too-infrequent update about what the Chosen Frozen are up to:
- Michael Cammalleri, So much for that homecoming. The LA Kings traded Cammalleri to the Edmonton Oilers yesterday for Jussi Jokinen. The deal was made on the same day this article came out. He goes from a team in first place in the Pacific Division of the Western Conference to one in seventh (7-9-2). Cams had three goals and four assists in 15 games for the Kings, averaging 12:38 minutes of time on ice.
- Jason Demers, Arizona Coyotes (2-15-3, eighth/last in the Pacific Division with the worst record in the league): 20 games, two goals, six assists.
- Josh Ho-Sang, NY Islanders (9-6-2, fifth in Metropolitan Division of Eastern Conference) was recalled from the Bridgeport Sound Tigers on Veterans Day and provided immediate results, scoring a goal to help the team beat the visiting St. Louis Blues, 5-2. Unfortunately, he’s questionable for tomorrow night’s game after missing practice yesterday due to an illness (the NHL is so sketchy with its injury reports). Let’s hope he can stick around awhile this time. Ho-Sang has appeared in seven games with the lone goal and four assists.
- Zach Hyman, Toronto Maple Leafs (12-7-0, second place in the Atlantic Division of the Eastern Conference): 19 games, four goals, six assists.
- Luke Kunin, Minnesota Wild (8-7-2, fifth in the Central Division of the Western Conference): 14 games, two goals, two assists.
- Brendan Leipsic, Vegas Golden Knights (10-6-1, second in the Pacific Division): eight games, no goals, four assists.
- Jason Zucker, Wild, is on a tear, having scored seven goals in his last four games including a hat trick to provide all the scoring in a 3-0 win over the host Montreal Canadiens last Thursday. He also scored the only goal in Saturday’s 1-0 win over the host Philadelphia Flyers. All that scoring netted him NHL First Star honors for the week. And as if all this wasn’t enough reason to celebrate, Zucker and his wife Carly just became first-time parents on Oct. 27. Mazel tov. Overall, Zucker has 10 goals and five assists in 17 games.